Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Still in Lala-Land

Flashback-1991. I am 16, sitting in my dorm room, surrounded by books and assignments which have to be sent in tomorrow, thinking "Shit! shit! shit!". It's 3pm in the afternoon. I should have started on all this yesterday or at the latest, first thing this morning. There's no way I can get all of it done now. And so what do I do? Do I start slogging through furiously and try to finish as much as I possibly can? Do I at least try and sort out the work by priority?

Noooo. That would be way too mature. Instead, I retreat to my lala land, my happy place, located behind a tattered hand-me-down Mills & Boons and a bar of chocolate almond. Somehow, someway, it will all sort itself out by the morning. Tomorrow is another day is the motto I live by.

Fast forward. It's 2006. I am bloody 31, sitting in my cubicle, surrounded by documents which I have to vet through and report on by 5pm today and I am thinking "Shit! shit! shit!" It's 3pm in the afternoon. Why do I never learn?? So I do what I do best. I return to my lala land, now known as this blog, with my faithful chocolate bar beside me and blog all my troubles away.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger Chelle / Chel said...

ecah, could I relate! I wonder when I'll learn, too.

Pass over some chocolate .. my shift if over in an hour and I have about 2 hours of work left to do. :)

Chelle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home