Wednesday, August 27, 2008

a hard week

It's been a hell of a week...and it's only Weds. Our firm does a lot of divorce cases and usually i'm pretty good at being sympathetic and feeling empathy for the clients but still manage to have some sort of separation, emotion wise...I'm not making sense, it's because I want to write it all out here but can't due to client confidentiality and also because of course I can and am supposed to keep their files secret, but when a client is also a good friend, someone I've seen at the outset of their relationship and marriage when once love ruled all, it's affecting me emotionally and now I'm also swept up in my friend's sadness at how things have turned out and I find myself brooding about it and worrying about it all. Anyway, it's not her alone, I've also found out during the past weekend about someone who is otherwise so nice and respectful to me having just slapped his wife of only one year who just had their baby...what is this world coming to? It's not just these 2 instances, too many things have been confided in me by people seeking to end their marriages and also those making the equally hard decision to stay...and it just makes for a very dark and depressing time...I go home and these thoughts follow me all throughout the drive back to Cheras. It's been a looong week. Luckily the long weekend is coming up...am even thinking of going to the Merdeka parade to bring some cheer back. And maybe some hope too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home