Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Family outing

A few weeks back, during the last 3 day weekend, Nazri & both his brothers and our respective kids and his parents all went out together to KLCC. Riuh habis. Being an only child, when I was growing up the weekends were fairly quiet, my mom would take me to libraries and parks and so on and from time to time, I'd meet up with my cousins but when I married Nazri with his 5 siblings I anticipated more entire-family-related weekends. But Nazri nama je adik beradik ramai but they are scattered all over Malaysia, except for his younger brother so this KLCC outing was rare and turned out to be really fun. Sometimes my inlaws (read: mother in law) drives me crazy but I really do love her and them...hmmm I'm getting quite cair and lembik and sentimental as I get older...Anyway, Amani was thrilled to be with so many of her cousins and the kids ran and jumped and twirled along the tunnel from KLCC and Aquaria.

Now this is THE main joy of having children. I've been to Aquaria a few times and have always enjoyed it but seeing it through their eyes, watching them as their eyes widened in wonder at the humongous Amazonian fish and the giant manta ray "flying" through the water, just made the whole trip more special. And I was especially thrilled for them that unexpectedly we had arrived just in time (so not a Hassanal Bashry family trait) to watch the feeding of the fish by the Aquaria scuba divers. The kids ooh'd and aaah'd and so did I along with them.



Amani with her favourite Aunt, Mak Chu:


Afterwards we all had lunch together under the trees at Velodrome, Cheras - nasi hidang & ayam kampung.
A brilliant day out.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger Eza said...

Why are all the favourite aunts always the Mak Sus and all the garang aunts are always the Mak Longs?

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Aishah said...

mak su lagi sabarrrrrr kot? Amani's Mak Chu really rajin layan dia...hmmmm, maybe I can get her to do the projek cuci kasut nanti when Amani dah sekolah rendah!! hehehehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home