Monday, February 22, 2010

In 2010 I Am Thankful

It’s only February, but there are already so much that I am thankful for in 2010:

~~~~~
I am thankful I had a bad case of denggi until my blood count was down to 23, I was so weak I could hardly walk let alone eat or talk, was in hospital for a full week totally miserable totally sick

and that I was the one who got it
and not my husband or babies instead.

~~~~~

I am thankful I was so weak that I could hardly eat until even the thought of food made me vomit

and that there was a kind soul who even though it was already night went out of her way to bring me home-made remedies that brought back my appetite.

~~~~~

I am thankful a thief broke into my house one evening, took lots of cash and my favourite pair of diamond earrings

and that my family was not hurt.

~~~~~

I am thankful after hardly a month passed by, another attempt was made by the same guy,

and that this time he failed because we took extra precautions,
and that hubby managed to catch him with the help of good Samaritans.

~~~~~

I am thankful Mother was in hospital thrice between January to February, with denggi as well as other god-knows-what malady,

and that the last operation has lessen her pain
and she can finally smile again.

~~~~~

I am thankful Father was at home also down with a bad case of fever, presumably denggi just like Mother

and that they still have each other.

~~~~~

I am thankful when I was in hospital with denggi fever, who else would fall ill but also my helper,

and that in between work and hospital visits, hubby was the best superhero managing the food, clothes and everything else for the kids.

~~~~~

I am thankful I totally ignored my most important customer while I was bedridden,

and that I had great colleagues who covered for me without hesitation.

~~~~~

I am thankful the break-in and the hospital visits have stretched our budget to the limit,

and that I have my family who are always willing to lend a hand.

~~~~~

I am thankful throughout January and February almost everyone in my family had some kind of fever or another,

and that my Sarah did not,
and the one that struck my boys and my heavily pregnant kid sister was not denggi but just a one-day-unknown-virus fever.

~~~~~

I am thankful my kid sister gave us a huge fright when she had to have an emergency c-section because her baby’s heartbeats were too slight,

and that she is faring so much better than I did when I had mine,
and that my littlest niece has a smile like the sunshine.

~~~~~

But most of all, I am thankful I am stressed out and depressed because of all the bad things happening,

and that hubby always holds me and makes me feel safer,
that my kids give me smiles that makes everything a whole lot better.

~~~~~

I am surrounded by a loving family and supportive friends.
And those are what I am thankful for in 2010…

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Blogger Aishah said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww....well said dear.

mucho brownie points for fendi ex-selekoh maut alumni. hehehehe.

how's ur new niece? dah confirm nama batrisyia?

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Eza said...

yup.. confirm batrisyia faizura bt lokman. but danish still calls her ariel :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home