Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2am ramblings

Woah...poor blog, so dusty and unused. Can't believe last entry was last year. Less than a week to 40. Woohoohoo! Can't wait for this long holiday weekend. Absolutely nothing planned. Just hanging out at home. Maybe do laundry. Loll about and read in bed. Bliss bliss. Have about 7 to 8 books bought which I haven't read yet including Above (looking forward to reading this abduction story), Us, Gone Girl - both seem to be marriage gone wrong stories - have watched the Gone Girl movie, loved it, mostly because of the delicious Rosamund Pike, And the Mountains Echoed which I feel I have to conserve emotional energy for as the previous books The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author drained me emotionally, though I loved both books, I cannot bear to reread them as I felt stabbed in the heart, especially when reading the latter one. Too heart wrenching. Also bought The Museum of Innocence and My Name is Red, both of which I would like to read from beginning to end in one sitting (which I can't do on a normal work week as have to get up early the next day) so yeah, am really looking forward to this public holiday weekend. Note to self of the future: "Don't waste this weekend in front of the tv watching crap!" Happy times, simple pleasures. On a side note, I find as I get older, I'm enjoying chocolates less...how strange that is given my addiction to it all this while. A Hershey bar previously would not have even made it to the fridge before being stuffed in my face in its entirety in one go...and yet now, there is a half consumed bar which has survived almost 3 weeks in the fridge ...how can that possibly be? Have I suddenly grown up now that I am reaching 40, God willing...Naaah...that can't be it. Side side note - bought a 40th birthday present for myself - Bryan Adams compilation of hits CD ("Summer of 69 still makes me feel young, especially while singing to it off key in the car) & Sade, best of CD - still haunted by the tune of By Your Side. Do people even buy CDs anymore? Maybe just old farts like me. I just like listening to familiar music while driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home