Friday, November 08, 2013

inspired...then after cake, not so much

My favourite thing to do every weekday after eating lunch (at Aji Don - am on a budget, as need to save up to pay staff's bonuses next month, ah the pleasures of the small business owner. ANYWAY:-) is browsing around the Times bookstore near my office. Today's pleasure is reading GQ magazine (at RM24.90 I am definitely NOT going to buy it - add RM5 and that's a lunch set at TGIF!) as gracing the cover this month with hotness is Michael Fassbend(me-ov)er! After GQ, I look through the fiction bookshelves and at some new releases. My 'dream' if it's still not too late to have a dream as I am nearing midlife, is to write a book that is published and sold at bookstores and is hopefully bought by more than 10 people. So as I read through some of the newly released novels and short story collections, I suddenly feel all inspired to write something and immediately buy a cheap exercise book and 2 kilometrico pens - I have had these bouts of so-called inspiration before, it's just more cost-effective after a while to get the cheaper stationeries. I sit myself at a bakery a few doors down from Times and start writing what I always hope is the beginning of my going to be published collection of short stories. One of the bakery boys comes over to ask what I want to drink...hmmm..guess I have to order something to sit here. Ok then, a cup of coffee....but then what is coffee without cake? And since we're going down the cake calorie route, why not make it a chocolate cake. I start writing out the first few sentences again, scratch out some words, write a bit more. The cake comes. It looks rich and moist. I touch the side of the cake with my finger, it's warm...oh you clever, clever baker boy. I put down my kilometrico pen, it is not going to be writing "beribu-ribu perkataan" today. I take a bite of the warm rich moist chocolate cake. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...life is goooood...who needs dreams anyway when you have something that delicious in your mouth...mmmmmmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home