Friday, February 29, 2008

sentimental emotional ramblings

I wonder if her body will remember my touch even if she doesn't. If somehow, it's recorded somewhere in the cells of her skin, when I stroke her head when she's asleep at night, when I hold her in my lap as she's engrossed watching tv, when I wash her body as she's busy splashing around and playing with bubbles. Apart from the whole hassle of trying to find a good, trustworthy maid who won't run away, it's one of the main reasons I'm hesitant about getting a maid - the temptation to let her deal with all the diaper changing, bathing, cleaning of messy sticky toddler hands would be too great. It sounds silly and stupid and irrational, but as much as possible I want my touch to be imprinted on my daughter's skin. As if somehow, this would mean my love would get absorbed into her skin as well in this way and she would always know, whether she remembers it or not or whatever happens to me or to us in the future, how much I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home