Monday, October 29, 2007

some days i just loathe myself

9am - I am in syariah court waiting for the court clerk to call out my file number. I rarely go to court, I had always been a corporate lawyer and prefer spending time in an air-conditioned office where I don't have to wear black and white/jacket/robe. Nobody gives a shit what I wear so long as I deliver the work on time and since it's our own office with just the 4 of us here and no one to impress, the only days where I have to dress up properly is if there's a meeting with clients. But somedays like today I have to show up with my jacket blah blah blah and sit among other lawyers waiting for the court clerk to call out our file numbers. And as I wait, I get bored....I have a really good book in my bag but it's called "Bright Lights Big Ass" which is so not a proper reading material for syariah court....and because I feel a bit self conscious sitting there in front of the public gallery where members of the public are staring at us because they too are probably bored out of their minds, I start scribling things in my note pad - as if am writing important notes when actually was just jotting down stupid things like my grocery list. God I hate lawyers...we're such posers.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM , Blogger Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

update!!!!please!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home