Friday, November 10, 2006

Climax aka the weekend

God, this has been a tough week in the office. Couldn't even think about trying to escape to lalaland. But finally, have had a moment to breathe and it couldn't have come at a better time, my favourite time of the week - Friday evening. Ah, Friday evening, with its promise of the whole weekend stretched before me.

But this week has sort of been a blessing in disguise. It's pushed me to the point where I realise it's just not worth it anymore, I don't give a damn and life's too short, all rolled into one and that has led me to this point of no return. I am about to do something incredibly stupid or incredibly brave. Life is too short to not be doing something you're really passionate about. And I am definitely not passionate about this job. I care so much more and feel more fulfilled when I'm doing my other job. My more important job as a mommy. It's such a cliche but then I'm a cliche. So fuck it, I'm tendering my resignation and living on my savings while praying to God my lala plans to make money by working at home materialises before all my savings dry up. Life's a gamble. It's about time I start playing for real.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM , Blogger Eza said...

YOU SERIOUS????

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Aishah said...

Yup...I don't think I have the energy to whine yet again about the bad day I had and how I wish I could stay home with the baby..so, am going to do it once my refinancing gets sorted out, which should be soon...freaking me out a little bit (because of money issue and also scared shitless that I'm going to be a bad mommy once I'm with her 24/7 365 days a year) but having to say goodbye yet again to the little one this morning while other people take care of her and get to see her walk for the first time is pushing me more and more towards leaving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home