Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What Do You Want To Know?

I want to start a site that can attract lot of visitors, so that I can put advertisements on it, and sell things as an affiliate. For that, I need to:

  1. Find a subject that is popularly searched, but have little competition.
  2. Write on that subject.
  3. Build the website.
  4. Attract traffic to that website.
  5. Generate income from that website.

So far, I am still stuck at No. 1. I just can't seem to find a subject interesting enough and at the same time I am reasonably knowledgeable at. Some subjects that I have pondered:

  1. Malaysia - Tourism, Dining, Shopping etc
  2. Malay recipes
  3. English - Malay translation
  4. Childcare
  5. Internet fax / email fax
  6. Internet business

But after scouring the net, I found many other sites on these subjects, some with so professional looking sites that has discouraged this amateur webmaster wannabe from proceeding.. Any ideas what website will attract traffic?

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger Viator said...

Hi, I´m a kindred spirit in regards to being a webmaster wannabe. I´ve been thinking of the same, here are my suggestions/what I´m going to do:

1. Find a subject that I´m interested in and is popularly searched, but have little competition using wordtracker.com where I can see how many searched for a word/phrase last month/year and how many websites compete for it
2. Write about that subject trying to use words and phrases that do not have much competition according to wordtracer
3. Build the website in Drupal CMS, hire freelance coder(s) from rentacoder.com to customizee and figure out the hard parts.
4. Attract traffic to that website following instructions on webmasterworld.com, especially a post called: "Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone" at http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum10003/2010.htm
5. Generate income from that website selling either banners, adwords, affiliateship ads, dropshipping or my own product.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home