Monday, January 22, 2007

Done

Last week I officially tendered in my resignation. The arrangement is that in addition to my one month notice period, I'll be staying on a half-day basis from March 2007 for either a 3 or 6 month period. The company's HR department was unwilling to allow the half-day basis to continue on a permanent basis, I think because they were afraid it would start a precedent. Am quite looking forward to working half-days, in the morning my daughter gets to have her playtime with her buddies and then afterwards, I get to spend time with her...what I'm worried...well not so much worried but thinking about is afterwards when I do quit work full time, how I'm going to find playmates for her....I love playing with her but I can't assume the feeling will always be mutual, I'm sure she'd like friends her own age and size....there's no one her age in our street though...hmmm...it shouldn't be this hard to look for friends for her.

She turned one last Friday....and threw her first public tantrum in Giant supermarket on Sunday. Yes, I was the mother pretending not to look at other people while trying to carry my child who was doing the boneless manouver i.e. arching her back and flailing her arms while screaming at the top of the voice. She has quite a loud voice for such a small body. And all because I wouldn't let her build towers with the raisin boxes in Aisle 9. I quickly took her out and bribed her with some Rice Krispies from my handbag. My handbag has become the diaper bag, the milk bottle bag, the toy bag, the scrunched up bits of tissue bag...I can no longer leave the house with an oh-so-dainty-and-trendy-cute little handbag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home