Thursday, October 11, 2007

spaceman

To be honest, I didn't think I would be watching the launch into space of Malaysia's first astronaut/cosmonaut/whatevernot - I personally feel it is a waste of taxpayers' money which could be used for so many underprivileged people, education for so many children whose families can't afford for them to continue schooling, orphanages etc, so so much more. But last night at 9.21pm, I dutifully turned to channel 990 to watch the launch and to my surprise, found myself getting caught up in the countdown - pointing out to Amani "tengok, tengok - rocket & dalam rocket ada astronaut" and hearing her repeat back to me "ha, tu - rocket" and watching her face as she look, entranced and in amazement as the rocket took off.

I love seeing the world through her eyes.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Eza said...

I saw that on Astro too... Adam said the sweetest thing during the show. His grandmom asked him whether he would want to be am astronaut and go to space too. And he replied, "No, I'll miss my mother too much.." He is just so sweet ... He may be eight, but he is still my baby...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home